St Columba’s learning enrichment programs ensures that students are matched with the teaching and learning environment that best suits their needs and abilities.
Importantly, we recognise that education is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach, particularly when it comes to children with learning needs, regardless of whether high potential or learning support.
As well as providing clear channels of communication between teachers, parents, support staff and outside agencies, we employ a range of initiatives to support our learning enrichment programs. These include modifications to the curriculum, teaching strategies and/or facilities, student observations and monitoring, and data collection.
The goals of learning enrichment at St Columba include:
- Identification of students with higher learning needs through a staff referral process
- A collaborative approach to planning Individual Plans (IPs) for students
- Advocating for students with higher needs
- Seamless integration of higher needs students into the wider school community
- Sourcing support funding and applying it prudently
- Developing the skills of teachers in meeting the various needs of students
- Incorporating ICT to meet the teaching and learning needs of students
To learn more about Learning Enrichment at SCAS, please call 02 6581 4188 or email email@example.com